It's hard to believe that I've been doing this for over ten years. Ten years of getting to do what I love and creating images for amazing friends and clients. I love that I get to work along side such amazing clients and help walk with them through some of their best moments in life. I enjoy being a trusted expert and I’m thrilled that I have an opportunity to capture moments that will be valued for years to come. I would be honored if you choose to trust me to capture those moments.
I love weddings. I love the real moments that happen through the day and the the fun times had by all.
Getting to know you and building relationship with you as a client is key for me. When you hire me to photograph your wedding I respect the fact that you are trusting me to capture one of your most important days.
I start the pre-wedding process by helping you make a timeline for your wedding day usually about a month or two before the big day. Having a plan takes some of the stress out of the day before it begins. Doing this one step assures the day is fun and allows us to fit everything in that you want captured.
I understand that my job is not just about taking great images. It's also about making sure you have a great wedding day experience. I want you to have a great time and to fully enjoy your wedding day. I understand that this looks different for every couple. I want to know you as a couple and know how you want to spend your day.
I want to work with couples that value great photography and want meaningful wedding images. More than anything, I want to make sure I'm a great fit stylistically and personally.
I think it is important to hire a photographer that you are excited about. I think it is equally important to hire a photographer that you are comfortable with and trust. I hope this gives you an idea of who I am and what I value. I would love to get to know you and learn more about your wedding day. If you'd like to get together feel free to text me, call me, or email. We can either get together if you are local or we can Skype, or schedule a phone consultation if you are not in the KC area.
Carson's Wedding Photography Style
I don't subscribe to one style of photography. I enjoy working outdoors and finding unique locations for off site photos and finding spaces that fit my client's style. I love natural looking portraits and like for my couples to interact a lot so we can achieve a natural look. I also incorporate Photojournalism which just means capturing the day and events as they happen without much photographer intervention. I want my clients to have a good mix of real moments and natural portraits. I also try to make the whole experience fun and low stress which is equally as important as the style.
8 Random facts about Me
1) I grew up in Liberty, Missouri and I've lived in the Kansas City area my whole life. Except for college at Mizzou and a few months in San Diego.
2) I'm married to my beautiful wife Abbie. She is the best travel partner and an amazing wife. In 2015 We had a little girl named Addilyn. I love being a dad.
3) I love to travel and explore new places.
4) I love being in and around water. I grew up going to the lake with my dad and I still love to wakeboard, cable wakeboard at kcwatersports, wake-surf, and stand up paddle board.
5) I'm a little bit of a foodie. My KC favorites are Room 39, brunch at Beer Kitchen, Char Bar, Blue Stem, Parlor, Silvas Taco Truck, Pigwich, Happy Gillis, and Joes KC.
6) I quit my day job in 2004 to focus on my cinematography and photography business full time. I also run a small video production, and content creation company in Kansas City called Swish Creative. www.swishcreative.com
7) In my early twenties I wakeboarded around Meyer fountain on Ward Parkway behind my car.
8) I bought a new house and completely renovated and remodeled it a few years ago. I love transforming and customizing spaces.
Okay so you know a little about me. I want to get to know you and work together. Send me a text at 816.695.1170.
Carson Swisher Photography